Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Tired

This has been one of those weeks. You know what I'm talking about, where you just wish you could stay in bed and pull the comforter up over your head.

I've been working on this grant and several other things in the good ole fund development area. At the same time trying to do the 'normal' stuff, whatever that is. It's been a series of 12-16 hour days for a few weeks now.

I find myself getting really 'peopled' out, short with other staff and my family.

Balance is a critical issue here. We have seen people go up like a rocket and down like a rock.

Tonya and I have found that our daily routine can be like a pendulum. Sometimes it swings way towards the ministry side, which is ok as long as it at some point swings back toward family and having some down time.

So now starts some down time. This afternoon I'll be at home resting, doing some reading and tomorrow Tonya and I have an appointment with a pastor at our new church and then we'll have some focused family fun (fff).

No comments: