Sunday, January 18, 2004

I Love this City!

From the cultural richness of the King Day parade in Crenshaw I drove up into the Little Armenia and Thai Town area of Hollywood. The smells are amazing! I got to spend time with two pastor's I met about four years ago. JR Woodward and Craig Wollack and their team have spent at least four years praying, studying and planning Kairos- Los Angeles.

I really like and appreciate their focus on being church in the context of everyday community. The have an innovative approach to establishing community.

The structure of Kairos consists four elements;
Disciples:
seekers > hearers > kneelers > faithful > servants
Equippers:
dream awakeners - heart revealers - story tellers - soul healers - light givers
Gatherings:
canvas groups - congregation - neighborhood church - larger gatherings
Ministries:
equipping center - urban center - missions - support team

It is a biblical, well thoughtout approach to church. I know that God is going to use them significantly to help build His Kingdom in LA.

No comments: