Monday, January 12, 2004

Trying to raise some support

Today was a day to work on our personal support. Even though raising our own missionary support is not what I would call fun. But overall I have learned to appreciate the process. We are so grateful for the 215 or so individuals, families and churches that are part of our team. Yes, we really do consider them part of what God has called us all to do. Some are 'goers' and some are 'senders'. The 'goers' couldn't go without the 'senders'!

However, today I really didn't appreciate the process so much. Our staff have an inside kind of joke that asks how many times did you "leave staff this month". When our staff do leave it is hardly ever just because of the support raising process. But I have to admit I have been thinking about a 'paid' job recently. I have "left staff" in my mind a few times! But then I think about what I get to do and see and usually it is a fleeting moment or... day!

Over the last three years as the City Director too much of my time has focused on raising the city budget and not enough time focusing on our own personal support. This is the primary reason that we in the situation we are in now. So now I have to buckle down and focus on our own account.

The great thing about this support raising process is meeting people and getting to share with them what God is doing in Los Angeles and the inner city of America in general. That is the exciting part.

Crusade has a great (and very biblical) perspective on raising your support. Because God's will is complete, when He calls you, He also calls your financial team and you just have to discover who they are.

So, we'll do what it takes, because God is in control and He is moving before us, we just have to follow!

No comments: