Sunday, February 22, 2004

Alpha Retreat

Yesterday we took about 30 people from our churches Alpha class on a retreat in the mountains above Los Angeles.

We played games, went on a hike, ate a lot, and had some Alpha sessions. The three lessons revolved around the Holy Spirit; who is He, what does He do, and how can one be filled with His power?

At the end during the silent prayer time, one of the guys in my group came up to me and asked for prayer. He told me he waned more of God in his life and wanted more certainty for he and his family's future. I asked him if he had ever prayed to give God complete control of his life, and he answered, "not really".

I prayed for him and then he prayed the "I'm Sorry, Thank You and Please" prayer (I'm sorry for my sins, thank you for dying on the cross, please come into my life).

After our prayer time he was beaming! Me and another Alpha leader in our small group invited Geno and his wife to our mini-church. I think and pray they'll come.

Strike up another for community!

No comments: