Sunday, February 15, 2004

Community

I have been thinking alot about community for the past few weeks. Too much to write here, but it has been shaping my thinking on overall methodology in ministry.

Alot has gone into this shaping for me. That would include, the book, "Stories of Emergence", especially chapter seven by James F. Engel, visiting new church works in LA such as Kairos and NewSong LA. Also seeing the difference of sustained spiritual results between our old church of 10 years and our new church. Comparing and contrasting has certainly been interesting, challenging and sad.

I'm beginning to see the difference in what I would describe as Wholistic Discipleship Communities. We never really had that, at least to the necessary degree in my old church. But that is what I see other places that are seeing incredible transformations in individuals and communities.

More on this later.

No comments: