Friday, April 09, 2004

Downtown LA Urban Hike

Today I led some of our LA Campus Crusade staff on an all-day hike through downtown LA. What an amazing place. The contrasts are amazing. The dead ducks hanging in the window of Sam Woo's restrauant in Chinatown to the opulence of certain Little Tokyo shops, the suprisingly peaceful beauty of the Civic Center plaza and the Bonzai garden on top of the New Otani Hotel and the noise of the busiest retail street in the country, Broadway.

I love the Grand Central Market where a sheep head is going for $1.19 a pound and you can get a huge serving of Pad Thai for $3.00! Across the street from there is my favorite LA building, the Bradbury. It is unbelievable inside. I love the 'ohhs and ahhs' of people seeing it for the first time. My other favorites are the Biltmore Hotel and Union Station. I fall in love with this city more and more each day!

No comments: